Nearly 40 years ago, we were called into being by the community. As we weighed our role and our priorities for the next few years, we again looked to the community to guide and inform us.
We spent February-May revisiting our mission statement, creating a vision statement and devising a four-year strategic plan.
The process was supported by People Rocket, a consultant group vetted by members of the Staff Racial Equity & Inclusion Committee in partnership with the Board Chair. And the agency Strategy Division is leading the collection of community-wide input.
All community input was compiled for consideration by the Strategic Planning Committee, which submitted drafts of the mission, vision and plan to the Board of Directors for consideration and approval at their May meeting.
Gather community input
Strategic Planning Committee reviews and weighs input
Strategic Planning Committee submits mission, vision & plan to Board of Directors for approval
Strategic Planning Committee
The Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) was chaired by Stuart Levine, MD, FACP, 1st Vice Chair of the Board of Directors and Chair of the Board Program & Performance Improvement Committee, and member of the Board Racial Equity & Inclusion Sub-Committee. His day job is President of MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center and Senior Vice President of MedStar Health.
SPC membership includes:
Board of Directors members
- Stuart Levine, MD - Committee Chair
- Chelsea K. Arthur, MS - Board Chair
- Michael B. Jackson, MBA - 2nd Vice Chair, Chair of the REI Subcommittee
- Christopher Thomaskutty - Treasurer
- Elena D. Marcuss, Esq - Secretary
- Randi Woods, MS, MBA, RN - Co-Chair of Policy & Engagement Committee
- Albert Miller - Board Member
Executive Team members and a Senior Director
- Kevin Lindamood - President & CEO
- Keiren Havens - Chief Strategy Officer
- Adrienne Trustman, MD - Chief Medical Officer
- Lawanda Williams, MPH, LCSW-C - Chief Behavioral Health Officer
- Tolu Thomas, MSN, RN - Chief Quality Officer
- Eddie Martin, Jr. - Sr Director of Equity & Engagement
Peer-elected, non-director-level staff members
- Amelia Jackson, CRNP - Medical Provider
- Jesus Talavera - COVID Screener/Client Service Representative
- Danielle Brodie - Client Service Representative
- Julia Davis, RN - Lead Registered Nurse
- Kara Keicher, LCSW-C - Therapist Case Manager
Non-staff, non-client community member
- Reverend S. Todd Yeary, PhD - Senior Pastor, Douglas Memorial Community Church; CEO of Rainbow PUSH Coalition; CEO of DMCC Community Development Corporations: Camp Farthest Outand Douglas Village