We call this work "performance improvement." Or just simply, PI, which includes continuously:
- assessing the quality of the care we deliver
- assessing client access to that care
- adjusting to do better
Use these resources to stay up to date on all things PI.
Monthly dashboard I 2021 PI Goals I PI Project Archive I Client Experience Survey I Clinical Quality Benchmarks I PI Tools and Resources
We have six PI goals in 2021...
- Preventive care: Mammogram Completion. By December 2020, 65% of women recommended to have a completed mammogram will have documentation of screening.
- Behavioral health: Depression Remission: By December 31, 2021, 10% of adults diagnosed with major depression or dysthymia who scored positively on an initial PHQ9 (>9) will demonstrate remission between 5-7 months (PHQ <5)
- Infectious Disease: Childhood immunization: By December 31, 2021, 50% of children 2 years of age will have recommended vaccines by their second birthday.
Social Determinants of Health Goals
- Food Insecurity: By December 31, 2021, 90% of clients who answer yes to experiencing food insecurity OR transportation challenges on the PRAPARE tool will be connected to Case Management or Community Health Workers.
- Referral Tracking: By December 31, 2021, 40% of referrals will be completed within 3 months of referral initiation.
- Access: By December 31, 2021, the Agency will reduce disparities across departments and for clients with limited English proficiency to achieve an answer rate of 85%.
Client Experience Survey Results: Spring 2019
Read the full report
Click on the links below to see results for each of our sites
421 Fallsway I Yellow Team | West Baltimore I Baltimore County
Find past results here.
Questions about our Performance Improvement work? Contact Ziad Amer, Performance Improvement Coordinator