What is Performance Improvement (PI)?
- The continuous process of:
- assessing the quality and equity of the care we deliver
- assessing client access to that care
- adjusting to do better
- A systems approach, not a personnel approach
- Nothing changes unless our ways of working and ways of thinking change
- Failures are rarely a "person" issue and more often a "system" issue
- PI is baked into everything we do
- We use data as a driver for improvement and a way to tell us how we're doing
- Data helps us see what's really happening, not what we think is happening - because our common sense isn't always correct
- Data allows us to target our work towards things that make real, lasting change
How can you get involved?
- Keep an eye on the resources below to see how we're doing PI at HCH
- Take a look at our PI tools below
- Join one of our monthly meetings
- If you see a problem, ask us for help to fix it!
See how we're implementing PI at HCH:
PI Meeting Minutes | PI Project Archive I Client Experience Survey | Quality Tab Training Videos
NEW: Join us in our PI Communal OneNote!
The PI Communal OneNote has frequently asked questions about each goal, subcommittee meeting minutes, PDSA details, and more.
Access it here: OneNote
PDSA Worksheet | Cause and Effect (Fishbone) Diagram | QI Project Measures Worksheet | Ideas for Change Worksheet | Project Charter Template
2023 Final Progress
MEDSTATIX Client Experience Surveys
Surveys: Medical | Dental | Behavioral Health
Report Cards: Provider-Level Data | Department- and Site-Level Data
Questions about our Performance Improvement work? Contact Marie Stelmack, Quality Improvement Specialist or Lisa Hoffmann, Director of Quality Improvement