The first Saturday in November was sunny and cool – a perfect day for 300+ runners, walkers, friends and volunteers to gather at Patterson Park for the 10th annual Rock Your Socks 5K! We danced, cheered and enjoyed a festive race village complete with coffee, donuts, tie-dye, a bounce house and easy ways to engage with community partners.
Together we raised nearly $65,000 to support the work of Health Care for the Homeless!
That means a full year of comprehensive no-cost medical care, dental work, health screenings, prescription refills, housing support and more to 130 neighbors experiencing homelessness. Donate today to help us get to our original $75,000 goal.
Relive every photo finish!
See if you can spot yourself on the course – or pick your favorite pair of rockin’ socks from the crowd.
View the photo gallery
And the awards go to...
A select few participants shined brightest with top race times, superior fundraising skill, and unforgettable style. Congratulations to...
- Highest individual fundraiser: Toby Harris ($2,857)
- Highest fundraising team: Meggies Rock Your Socks ($4,020) - Captain Margaret "Meg" Garrett
- Fastest runners by category:
- Punk Rocker (under 18): Penelope Schenkel
- Progressive Rocker (19-39): Shane Hart
- Classic Rocker (40+): Carl Ehrhardt
- Best socks: (and winner of the Golden Sock Award) went to Charlie Bauer for his fan-favorite oyster socks!
Celebrating our colleagues (and team captains!)
Health Care for the Homeless staff were out in force as they captained 10 teams and raised a combined $8,828, including:
- BeanSprout (Lisa Zrncic)
- Big Foot (Ranak Patel)
- Heavy HIT-ers (Wynona China)
- Homeward Bound (Lydia Santiago)
- Koala-tea (Margaret Flanagan)
- Missing Dryer Sock Rescue Squad (Maddy Horan)
- No Agony for De Feet (Christina Bauer)
- Overwhelming SOCKcess (Hanna Mast)
- Running Up That Hill (Kevin Lindamood)
- Sole Sistas (Lisa Lefavore)
Let's hear it for Volunteer spirit!
We can’t say enough about the all-star team of volunteers who arrived early to help us build out race village and stayed on all morning to offer water, snacks, and encouragement for participants. Our 5K wouldn’t be the same without you!
taking more steps to end homelessness
Community partners Baltimore Renters United, Baltimore Harm Reduction Coalition and Maryland Food Bank joined in the fun to share tangible ways for us all to advocate for change beyond race day.
Thank you to the sponsors who made race day magic
A very special thanks to our event sponsors, for helping ensure that every dollar you raised will deliver comprehensive health care and support for people experiencing homelessness. Much appreciation to ERP for bringing the 5K's signature post-run donuts, Dunkin Donuts for putting some caffeine pep in our steps around Patterson Park and Borden Transportation for providing transportation between our clinics and the 5K for clients.
Thanks to everyone who helped take our Rock Your Socks 5K across the finish line!